How to Reach the San Blas islands
How do I get to San Blas and how much does it cost?
We will take care of all the transfers in and out the catamaran. If you plan on booking transfers yourself, please make sure you are dealing with a trustworthy, licensed and reliable company.
- be picked up 5ish in the morning from your hotel
- up to 4 guests per car (they are 4x4) Kuna indigenous are the only authorised drivers and there is nothing for us to do here
- nothing adventurous transfer. no stops possible and the road transfer may cause motion sickness
- price is $75/person/way
- Mandatory $20/person entry tax paid to the indigenous and $2/person tax for port use.
- very possible delays at the border (Covid pape work, Covid bottleneck high season demand and very important, Panamanian weekend travelers)
- undetermined waiting at the ports, very "basic" place
- open water taxi, no cover and possibility of rain, they are also managed by only indigenous
- total travel time around 5 hours, realistically
- Checkout at 6:00 - 7:00 Am, you lose total time of around 8 hours in San Blas if you do not fly in.
Self drive: a van or regular can won't do, you need a 4x4 or you will not be allowed by officers through the border. It will take you a bit less than regular transfer because you won' stop at the supermarket. It’s a good option to save some money and live the experience. You can park your car in the San Blas port for a few $ and it will be guarded during your stay. Contact us and receive the map and instruction on how to get to the port of San Blas. More info in our blog.
Flying is a very interesting option, you bypass all border chaos and will land in the most incredible part of San Blas, far away from the border and the islands filled with day tourists from Panama. Entering San Blas by air gives you the perfect start for your vacation. The plane flies over the jungle and then over the cays of San Blas prior to landing right next to the catamaran. No need for long tedious water taxi transfer. You can depart from Albrook local airport or Tocumen international at whichever time we agree on.
2 passengers for $700/way, maximum carrying weight including people and luggage of 450 lbs
up to 5 passengers for $900/maximum carrying weight including people and luggage of 750 lbs
up to 8 passengers flying in 2 separate private planes for $1800/way, maximum carrying weight including people and luggage of 1500 lbs
up to 8 passengers flying in 1 single private plane for $1900/way, maximum carrying weight including people and luggage of 1400 lbs
up to 9 passengers flying in 1 single private plane for $2400/way, maximum carrying weight including people and luggage of 1900 lbs
Prices shown are one way for the whole cost of the plane carrying the indicated guests, 8,5% tax not included.
Mandatory $20/guest airport tax paid to the indigenous.